Thursday, July 7, 2011

my (unfortunate) daily routine

i have been lazy and not proud of it. imagine its summer, youre a teenage boy, and your parents dont get on you for not getting outside or practicing your insstrument or when you go to sleep or when you get up or talking to them a lot. that is basically me. i have been reduced to kid afraid of the sun behind his computer. i go to sleep at 1 or 2 in the morning and wake up at 12 or 1 in the afternoon. this is because im never tired at night, which might be jetlag. so when i wake up in the morning, go straight to the computer to see what new articles cracked.com (id put a hyperlink to the site but i dont know what hyperlink in french is) and watch some videos of the nostagla critic and bum reviews (becquse of this habit, i have watched all 60 movie reviews). i do this until vénissia invites me downstairs to play the wii. then i go back upstairs until she asks me if i want lunch and i proved it to myself today when she went out with friends that i could not make lunch for myself and ate two gronala bars and two cokes for a lunch (they dont drink any type of soda; they bought the coke for me). i then go back upstairs and go on the computer a third time until everyone else gets home. i then sometimes come down to play fifa 10 or just stay upstairs until dinner is ready. after dinner, i go through the awkardness of me asking them if they need any help cleaning up, and them saying no. i dont know whether to stay or leave. but when i do leave i either contine playing ps3 or the wii until i go upstairs to be on the computer until 1 or 2am. i havent practiced my trumpet in a week, i took my first shower since i came here this morning, and the only way i see the sun is the window in my room. you think being in france would involve you doing or seeing something french everyday. well when you cant drive youre pretty trapped in the house all day. i barely talk to anyone. and dad, after all that arguring you were right. if left to my own senses with no adult telling me to anything, i will end up doing nothing all day, including not playing the trumpet (part of the reason i dont play is also because i dont want to play aloud and disturb anyone and it is very hard to play a trumpet softly or while muting it with a pillow). i am sad to say this is what i do everyday. i thought my life in france was going to be completely different and exciting. but know i realize that is exactly like my life at home except worse. just like at home, i am close to big city (new york city) but rarly ever get to see because of my lack of transportation. i barely go outside even though all the shows on tv are french, and because of my hosts kindly giving me an old labtop to use for the time being, which was an awful mistake. but here in france i have no friends houses to bike to, or parents to tell me to do things, which as anoying as you think can be, really backfires when you dont have them. i always tried to fight you, dad, when you said i could never get tired of the tv, and i always said there was no way i could watch forever; ive been doing it for a week and i havent got tired of it.

3 comments:

  1. Dude. You shouldn't say such things. Big Brother is watching.
    Also I understand how you feel. I got hooked on Sons of Anarchy and now have the same jet lag. Today I woke up an hour late for work(got an internship at ,Hackensack University Medical Center in child oncology). You're lucky. You're in France, while I got mounds of filing, scanning and spreadsheets to do.(They think I'm a genius ever since I showed them Ctrl-Z). Climb out the rut. You're on vacation. Smile. Be Happy. Try Cymbalta [ LOLJK :)].

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be in a bug infested swamp in Maryland from Sunday-Next Saturday at summer camp(slight shudder). I'm only in it for Merit badges, other than that there are no clean toilets, no clean showers, revelry is at 5:45AM for Polar Bear swim (huge shudder) and there are bugs the size of my fist. I empathize with you and leave you this quote.
    "The Supreme Court ruled that disabled golfer Casey Martin has a legal right to ride in a golf cart between shots at PGA Tour events. Man, the next thing you know, they're going to have some guy carry his clubs around for him."
    -Jon Stewart

    ReplyDelete